Romanian pop-dance singer born on October 3, 1959 in Bucharest. She is one of the most popular female romanian singers from the 80s and 90s.
She is the wife of whom she married in 1993. Previously, she was married to . Between 1983-1987, Silvia formed a singing duo with former husband Mircea Dumitrescu. They were both students of .
She debuted in 1985 at ''Festivalul Naţional de muzică uşoară Mamaia '85'' where she won First Prize with a song by famous romanian composer . She became very popular in 1988 when she began her collaboration with famous romanian composer . A year later she began another successful collaboration with romanian composer . She has worked with many romanian notable songwriters such as , , , , , .
As of 2015 she released 5 albums :
- Cred în tine (Electrecord, 1990) (album)
- Provocare (Intercont, 1995) (EP)
- Încrederere (G&S, 1998) (album)
- Miracol infinit – Best of (Casa Radio, 2005) (compilation)
- Best of Silvia Dumitrescu (Ovo Music, 2010) (compilation)
- Fiorul Iubirii (Eurostar, 2015)...Read more »