Romanian pop-dance singer born on October 3, 1959 in Bucharest. She is one of the most popular female romanian singers from the 80s and 90s.
She is the wife of [a1485834] whom she married in 1993. Previously, she was married to [a2536421]. Between 1983-1987, Silvia formed a singing duo with former husband Mircea Dumitrescu. They were both students of [a758398].
She debuted in 1985 at ''Festivalul Naţional de muzică uşoară Mamaia '85'' where she won First Prize with a song by famous romanian composer [a=Marius Ţeicu]. She became very popular in 1988 when she began her collaboration with famous romanian composer [a=Adrian Enescu]. A year later she began another successful collaboration with romanian composer [a=Doru Căplescu]. She has worked with many romanian notable songwriters such as [a=Dani Constantin], [a=Mircea Drăgan], [a=Cătălin Tîrcolea], [a=Virgil Popescu], [a=Florin Ochescu], [a=Mihai Grigoriu].
As of 2015 she released 5 albums :
- Cred în tine (Electrecord, 1990) (album)
- Provocare (Intercont, 1995) (EP)
- Încrederere (G&S, 1998) (album)
- Miracol infinit – Best of (Casa Radio, 2005) (compilation)
- Best of Silvia Dumitrescu (Ovo Music, 2010) (compilation)
- Fiorul Iubirii (Eurostar, 2015)...Read more »